It’s been a long time coming and definitely overdue but here are the recaps and my thoughts of the last three episodes of this nail-biting reality show!
We ended the last episode with Chan Woo trying to secretly ask Ga Bin on a date in front of everyone but she didn’t buy it. And we start this episode with Yeon Woo doing Min Suk’s hair as they get ready for the last couple’s challenge: doll making.
So Young is finally coupled with In Ook. She has been eyeing him since the first meeting and is definitely excited about the date!
Young Seo and Chan Woo have a heart-to-heart on the car ride to their date. Yeong Seo worries that she didn’t express herself enough and Chan Woo worries that the person he likes is slowly pushing themselves away.
When everyone arrives at the cafe, the first scene is finger curling. So Young acts super cute in front of In Ook – her voice changes, her tone is super high and her skinship is too the extreme. Ok girl, let’s tone this down a notch.
But I give it to her. She knows time is running low and she wants to let In Ook know that she is interested. She is also very straightforward: she asks which date he liked the most so far, and even points out Ga Bin out. This may have backfired a bit though.
Overall, Chan Woo has an upper hand in this challenge as he is tailor in real life (spoiler alert: he wins). He goes to work on this doll’s clothes and I’m over here like, the button on my coat is falling off, I’ll fix it next winter. We get a little bit of a backstory with how he became a tailor. He was actually a model for the company he is working for now first before becoming a tailor for the same company.
When So Young and In Ook get back in the car to go back home, they have another serious discussion about where their hearts are going. So Young said she has been focused on one person (yes, you In Ook) but that person has been focused on another person (Ga Bin got pulled into this unwillingly). In Ook’s answer isn’t great – he says “You never know,” which if I had a crush on someone would make me more anxious.
Side note: I know So Young was on the verge of tears listening to In Ook but that angle has her highlight on point!
As Young Seo and Chan Woo won the challenge, they both choose to see who voted for them the night before. Sadly for Yeong Seo, no one voted for her, but for Chan Woo, do I need to say more?
The mode gets dark real fast because the time has come to vote for who everyone thinks is the Money Catcher in the house. The one girl and one guy who get the most votes will leave the house. In the end, it ends up being Chae Rang and Min Suk. THE TWO LOVE CATCHERS!
I think how their identities are revealed to the other members are so dramatic. C’mon Mnet, let them have a proper goodbye! But at the end of the reveal, all the other members are in full regret mode and are even more confused then ever. Cue the tears.
On to the next episode!
*All photo, video, and content credit to Mnet and the show Love Catcher. Disclaimer: tallkoreangirl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
The boys have officially made their debut! But before we get to that, the members did something called ‘TMI News’ where they revealed some of the behind the scenes moments from their pre-debut days. Here are the 11 moments you missed:
1. The members were first afraid of Han Gyul. The jean jacket and the up do hair (when he initially arrived for Produce X 101) might have given the bad boy vibe initially but the other boys quickly learned that in fact, he was the sweetest of them all!
2. The cuteness battle between Dong Pyo and Hyunh Jun begins. They are deemed as ‘rivals’ for the member with the most aegyo. In the Korean culture, aegyo or애교 refers to a cute display of affection. Who do you think is the winner?
3. He may cute but is he clean? The other members reveal some news that may be surprising to ONE ITs – Dong Pyo does not like to shower! He tells Yo Han that he washes after him and that’s why Yo Han can never catch him – but is this true…? Only Dong Pyo will know!
4. We knew Jun Ho was meticulous but the other members think he may be borderline obsessed with cleanliness. It takes him at least an hour to shower and as he puts on a face mask to demonstrate how his skin routine, it took so long the screen had to be cut into three columns. Beauty doesn’t come easy, am I right!
5. Eun Sang is sensitive to smell, and there’s nothing wrong with that. He even has a favorite perfume called ‘Cotton’ (found here) that he sprays all over his clothes first thing in the morning, during practice, at home, everywhere. He admits that people might think he’s spraying it because he’s worried about how he smells but this is not true – he sprays it because the smell actually gives him a sense of comfort.
6. The center of the group has his own sense of comfort, and no it’s not from perfume. It’s from his teddy bear pajamas. If any of you know, Kakao friends is very popular in Korea and Yo Han is no exception. He loves Ryan and you can see him sleeping in it almost every night! Also, secret has it that along with this pair of pajamas, he wears socks to bed every night!
7. Song Hyung Jun has a nickname around the house; it is “song alarm.” Word has it, no matter if he’s tired or if it’s too early for the birds to be awake in the morning, he goes around the house to wake up the members every morning with his cute voice. I mean, who wouldn’t wanted to be woken to that face and voice?!
8. He may be the youngest but he does not back down in front of food. Nicknamed the ‘eating machine’ the members admit that Do Hyun LOVES to eat. And he eats anything – sandwiches, cookies, late night food, anything. He doesn’t talk while he eats and focuses solely on the food. We don’t blame you Do Hyun, you’re still a growing boy!
9. Chicken feet is a huge late night snack in Korea (believe it or not). And Wook Seok’s obsession has led Min Hee to eat it for the first time ever. Min Hee goes to say that he now likes it!
10. The debut concert was on August 27th and it was rumored that whole Gocheok Sky Dome was full. Korean and international fans flew from all across the world to be a part of their big day and it did not disappoint. As worried as the members were in the morning, as soon as the concert started, all their nervousness started to disappear as they saw all their fans in front of them.
I even had chills with their stage presence. It’s like they were idols all along. Fans were crying left and right and as they went about the first song, “Move,” you just can’t help but be proud of them. They have gone through a lot to get to where they are right now and instead of all the heat and the hate, they deserve the utmost love.
11. The concert ended with the song “I’m here for you“ and this is by far my favorite. I ended up tearing up when Seung Woo cried on stage. I could really feel for him. He is the leader, and I know his role is to be a strong leader and mentor for the other members, but he is also human and I’m sure he’s affected by the recent controversy surrounding all the Mnet groups.
*All photo, video, and content credit to Mnet and the show X1 Flash. Disclaimer: tallkoreangirl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
Pop quiz: one of these guests worked at Hong Suk Chun’s cafe before the show.
So it’s day 2 (literally) for these contestants and today’s date involves a wedding photo shoot. I mean, I know the producers want to break the ice for them early on but I feel like some of the girls seem uncomfortable getting this close too soon. Nevertheless, it does the job!
If you haven’t watched episode two, I warned you – you should stop here! Or go read about Episode 1 to get you up to speed!
The show begins on a zoom-in on Chan Woo’s back muscles as he’s swimming in the infinity pool when everyone is sleeping. To recap from the voting night before, he did not get any votes from the girls. It almost seems like this scene symbolizes a swim of rage?!
After he finishes swimming, he goes upstairs to get ready for his breakfast-making date with Ga Bin, but lo and behold In Ook is already in the dressing room – fiercely staring Chan Woo down and making it known with the almost-palpable tension that he has his eyes as well on Ga Bin.
Chan Woo wears a suit to his breakfast date (which I will get to later), gives an apron to Ga Bin to make sure nothing spills on her clothes while they are cooking, and literally cooks the whole damn breakfast. This guy doesn’t regularly eat breakfast and also said previously that he doesn’t know how to cook, and yet cooks a fancy egg scramble on toast? What?!
Next we go into the dates that we have been looking forward to: the photo shoot. The girls choose a wedding dress they want to wear and the guys choose a tux they like. The contestants don’t know their “match” until they walk into the place where the shoot is going to take place.
The first couple revealed is, you guessed it – Chan Woo and Ga Bin. I got the chills when Chan Woo first looked at Ga Bin. I mean, this guy has googly heart eyes for this girl and this girl only. He’s all about complimenting Ga Bin and how beautiful she looks throughout the entire shoot. If only this whole episode revealed around this couple. Towards the end, he musters up the courage to hold hands with her and you can tell, this man has now had the best day of his life.
The second couple is revealed at an amazing church. Min Seok and Chae Rang, who actually voted for each other the night before. This guy is not playing around though. At first glance, he was all shy and ‘oh I could never pose for a photo’ demeanor but once the flash goes off, he does the most physical touch (or skinship in Korean) out of all the guys. He quickly pulls her in tightly in a grasp and almost goes in for a kiss. I don’t know if this guy is a sleaze or just a go-getter.
The third concept is Yeon Woo and So Young in their sleek suits. He initially asks her, “Am I above or below your expectations?” And she hesitates with her words – which unfortunately is the answer. But truth be told, their picture I thought was the winner.
The fourth concept will blow you away: In Ook and Young Seo in a sexy concept. Given the fact that he literally says, “Oh it’s you?” when he sees her, they have zero chemistry. But you can tell, they are trying for that first place. This girl gets absolutely no screen time for the past two episodes but then all of a sudden she shines in her revealing, deep V wedding dress. C’mon Mnet, I’m sure there’s more to her than that.
Last but not least it’s Jung Jin and Sae Ra. I think she fits this dress and the flower head piece very well. And believe it or not, she’s also become my girl crush fairly quickly. She tells Jung Jin right away that she likes how he’s the person she’s shooting the shoot with. She’s very genuine and I – along with Jung Jin – find this very attractive.
Dinner comes around and with this new bond that he’s formed with Sae Ra, Jung Jin is more confused than ever. He picked Chae Rang the night before but during dinner preparation, you can tell he’s more interested in Sae Ra. For example, he looks through the fridge. finds some leftover fruit and gives it to Sae Ra all the while ignoring Chae Rang who said she wanted fruit too. When Chae Rang is ignored, her bitch face is real.
In Ook is at it again with his cooking skills (although unsure why he needed a wine glass to break the eggs for the rabokki, 라볶이). Chan Woo makes sure Ga Bin who just happens to be sitting conveniently next to him has a dish of the food but doesn’t eat it himself (take that In Ook!)
The guys and the girls chat separately, of course the gossips of who could be love catchers and money catchers. Yeon Woo, who is the youngest of the group, is so not helpful as he literally twirls around in the bed thinking about how cute So Young was in the shoot.
Eventually the winner of the shoot is announced and it is Min Seok and Chae Rang. Their prize is to go into this secret room to listen in on ONE the interview sessions the contestants had before coming onto the show. This season, they are also adding what their close friends say about them, and what the contestants like to do outside of what they see in the show.
Min Seok picks Chae Rang and it seems like the direction that the producers are trying to hint at is money because it seems like if she does win the show, she will go on this extravagant trip. Her close friend also mentioned she has too high of expectations and is unsure if she has time for a relationship.
Chae Rang actually picks In Ook. He states that surprisingly, eight days is not too short to find someone and his friends believe that because he was so busy with working out, he couldn’t find someone. And we don’t blame him.
Knowing this information, Chae Rang (to no one’s shock) tells the other girls that she thinks In Ook is a money catcher. My bet is that she’s doing this so she can push everybody away and go for him herself (aka she’s in it for $$$)
I’ll leave the final votes from this episode off but if I could spoil one more event, it would be that today, Ga Bin and Chan Woo chose each other, and that is all that matters. My bets are still the same as last week’s – you can read about it here!
Next week’s preview does not look good for the WooBin couple (Chan Woo and Ka Bin) again. Looks like Ga Bin and In Ook go swimming together and Chan Woo overlooks the pool and sees them.
Truly, my bias is for Chan Woo. I think he is a sweetie and a love catcher. He wore a freaking suit to breakfast possibly to impress the girl, which I found adorable. (He cooked toast with a suit on, I mean…. can we get a holla?) He also has no problems expressing his current feelings, which I find really admirable. I think he is my one pick right now!
And there you have it. The second episode! Let me know what you think in the comments below, and stay tuned next weekend for the review of the next!
All pictures, GIFs, and content is credited to Mnet and Love Catcher.